Our Institute pays a lot of attention to the education and multiplicator effect in the sphere of radiation protection. We do a lot of seminars with information materials on radioprotection issues. Vladimir Babenko's brochure “How to protect yourself from radiation” was translated into many languages and even was a bestseller on the Japanese Amazon.com.
During the years of promoting the idea of diminishing the negative effects of radiation, we have come to understand that children are more flexible and sensitive to new data. They easily implement new experience in their daily lives and even teach their parents much more effective than we do. So, children are our key audience.
Scientific activities could be presented as follows:
• Developing scientific and guidance documents;
• Estimation and processing of the results of WBC measurements;
• Estimation of the level of radionuclide concentration depending on the density of contamination of the territory;
• Estimation of the seasonality of radionuclide intake;
• Estimation of changes in radionuclide concentrations within a long-term period
• Estimation of changes in radionuclide concentrations without application of radioprotectors;
• Development of the maps of radionuclide intake in children;
• Determining the differences of radionuclide intake in city and village inhabitants;
• Determining the differences of radionuclide intake in age groups.
Cooperation with Japan after tragedy in Fukushima
The Institute “Belrad” cooperates with organisations, scientists, mass media and public associations in Japan in the field of information exchange, advising and recommendations in radiation safety, exchange of experience for solving the problems of radiation protection of the population.